Jonas Vorzimer, DC
Chiropractor located in Walnut Creek, CA
According to the National Institute of Health, almost 50 million women and men in the United States suffer from moderate to severe chronic neck pain. Jonas Vorzimer, DC, a warm and knowledgeable chiropractor at J.V. Chiropractic , relieves your neck pain with gentle, supportive therapies that also improve your general health. If you want relief from neck pain, call the Walnut Creek, California, office today or use the online form to book an appointment.
Neck Pain Q & A
Why does my neck hurt?
Considering how slender your cervical spine is — the portion of your spine that runs through your neck — it’s no wonder that neck pain is common, often becomes chronic, and may interfere with your quality of life.
Your cervical spine must be flexible to support the full weight of your head as it moves in many different directions.
Aging, abnormalities, or medical conditions can affect any of the muscles, bones, and other structures in your neck, causing pain or impaired mobility. Some of the most common reasons for neck pain include:
- Tense shoulder, jaw, or chest muscles
- Weak core muscles
- Slipped or herniated vertebral discs
- Bone spurs
- Arthritis / osteoporosis
- Pinched nerves
- Whiplash or other trauma
When you come to J.V. Chiropractic for neck pain, Dr. Vorzimer conducts a comprehensive examination to determine the source of your neck pain and custom design a treatment plan.
What are the risk factors for neck pain?
Although anyone can develop acute or chronic neck pain, you may be more likely to suffer from it if someone in your family experiences neck pain. You’re also more likely to develop neck pain if you are:
- Over 55
- Under stress
- Suffering psychological problems
- In poor health
A history of neck injury or lower back pain can increase your chances for neck pain, as well.
How do chiropractors treat neck pain?
Your neck pain is unique to you. During your examination, Dr. Vorzimer determines the cause or causes of your neck pain and then customizes a treatment plan. Recommended therapies may include:
- Diversified Technique spinal adjustments — short, quick, hand thrusts over the restricted joint to restore normal range of motion
- Activator Method spinal adjustments — handheld Activator Adjusting Instrument delivers quick, low-force impulses to the spine
- Gonstead Technique adjustments — corrects subluxations in the spine and stabilizes the pelvic girdle
- Ultrasound and massage therapies — stimulates circulation and detoxification of tissues
- Physical therapy — strengthens the muscles and tendons in your neck, back, and core
- Hot and cold therapy — alleviates pain and promotes healing
- Dietary and nutritional guidance — nourishing tissues and identifying food sensitivities
You don’t have to suffer from neck pain or undergo invasive therapies to get relief. For chiropractic, holistic treatments for your neck pain, contact the knowledgeable team at J.V. Chiropractic by phone today or use the online tool to book an appointment.