Jonas Vorzimer, DC
Chiropractor located in Walnut Creek, CA
If you’re in pain or don’t feel that you’re functioning optimally, a chiropractor can help your body heal itself. Jonas Vorzimer, DC, an expert chiropractor and founder of J.V. Chiropractic, aids his patients with holistic therapies and by educating them on how to nourish and support their bodies. If you want to add chiropractic care to your healthcare regimen, call the Walnut Creek, California, office today or use the online tool to book an appointment.
Chiropractor Q & A
What is a chiropractor?
A chiropractor is a licensed and trained healthcare professional who diagnoses and treats neuromuscular disorders and pain.
Chiropractors use supportive, holistic therapies that help your body achieve a state of homeostasis, where all of your systems work together to heal yourself.
The basis of chiropractic is the belief that an aligned spine is essential to health. Dr. Vorzimer uses a variety of therapies to ensure that your spine is free of subluxations (misalignments) and to increase muscle strength and flexibility throughout your body.
What kinds of conditions does a chiropractor treat?
At J.V. Chiropractic, you can get relief for pain and functional issues. Some conditions that respond well to chiropractic include:
- Lower back pain and sciatica
- Neck pain and whiplash
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Sprains and strains
- Repetitive movement injuries
- Car accidents and sports injuries
You can also use regular chiropractic adjustments to increase your strength, health, and coordination.
How does a chiropractor align my spine?
Dr. Vorzimer chooses from several chiropractic manipulation techniques that resolve subluxations and create a more perfectly aligned spine. He may treat you with:
- Diversified Technique — short, quick, hand thrusts restore joint’s normal range of motion
- Activator Method — handheld device delivers quick, low-force impulses to the spine
- Gonstead Technique — stabilizes the pelvic girdle and corrects subluxations
Depending on your injury or condition, Dr. Vorzimer may use a combination of adjustment techniques.
What other therapies does a chiropractor use?
In addition to aligning your spine, a chiropractor’s goal is to nourish and strengthen all of the muscles, tendons, fascia, and other tissues that support it. Chiropractic therapies that may improve your health include:
- Massage or ultrasound therapies to increase circulation
- Spinal decompression (traction) to alleviate pressure on discs and nerves
- Physical therapy to create more strength and flexibility
- Physical therapy to improve the way you move
- Hot and cold therapy to accelerate healing
- Lifestyle adjustments, including diet and exercise
- Supplement recommendations
Dr. Vorzimer prescribes therapies based on your current needs. As your body heals and your symptoms improve, he may add or take away therapies, as needed.
If you want relief from pain, want to restore your mobility, or improve your general health, talk to Dr. Vorzimer about chiropractic today. You can reach him by calling the J.V. Chiropractic office today or using the online tool to book an appointment.